Top 5 Highlighters for Fair Skin

14:06

Okay, so yet again it's a post about the disadvantages of having incredibly fair skin like me. I find that there are a lot of highlighters out there that simply do not suit the pale complexion and often the extremely glitter ones can make you look like a ghost. It's been hard finding ones that actually suit all skin tones but here are some of my favourites for fair skin:


1. Sleek Face Form Contouring Palette in Fair
RRP: £9.99

The highlighter in this (middle one) is honestly incredible. I find it lasts all day and gives a really nice shimmer to my skin without making me too white and it's designed specifically for fair skin so it really flatters the pale complexion. One thing I will say though is that it is a bit more glittery than I would like it and if you put too much on you can look like Edward Cullen. However, a little goes a long way. This is a powder highlighter and Sleek have brought out a whole palette dedicated to highlighters, with the majority of them being creams. Having read the reviews on it though, it seems that is has massive clumps of glitter in. Nonetheless, a really                                                                        good value highlighter that lasts all day.


2. Benefit High Beam Luminescent Complexion Enhancer
RRP: £19.50 




It just seemed fitting that this was in the list. Benefit's High Beam rather than Watts Up suits paler skin more and gives that amazing dewy glow that's all the rage at the moment. I feel like this really complements the lighter skin tones and the pink hue to it makes it look great on those with pink undertones. For those with yellow undertones, I would recommend Watts Up rather than High Beam. This renowned highlighter lasts all day and gives an amazing glow to the skin without clumps of glitter.



3. MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter in Pink Shimmer
RRP: £3.00


For summer I would say this is one of the best shades out there. The price makes it such a bargain and it's highly pigmented. What I would say is that it's not really suitable for everyday wear as the amount of shimmer it gives is a little ott for a trip to the shops or something, definitely a night time makeup look. 

As someone with pink undertones I use this shade, however MUA offer an alternative for those with more yellow undertones. 

The shade Iridescent Gold is a lot whiter in real life and I would say it's a great dupe for Nars Albatross. Again, like the pink shimmer, it's very glittery and looks great on a night out but would be quite a daring look for everyday wear.

However, for the price I definitely think they're worth getting as they last a long time and are highly pigmented. I also love the way the look of the powder in the packaging resembles Mac's Extra Dimension Collection Mineralize Skin Finishes. 

4. Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose Glow
RRP: £9.99

Revlon do this palette in 3 different shades: Peach Glow, Bronze Glow and Rose Glow. For fair skin and particularly not for summer, Rose Glow is the most fitting shade. What I love about this one is because it is so pigmented and pink, there's no need for blusher. It's like a blusher/highlighter combination which makes your makeup routine easier and also works out cheaper to buy one palette than to buy a highlighter and a blush separately (depending on the brand of course). Swiping your brush along all 5 colours also builds a really nice colour, or you could always select the one you like best I suppose. This is a really great little palette that is good value for money and lasts all day. 

5. No 7 Instant Radiance Highlighter 
RRP: £9.95

The one downside to this highlighter is that they seem to only have one shade (please correct me if I'm wrong) and whilst it works for paler and pink undertoned people I feel like it wouldn't work for darker skin and maybe even those with yellow undertones. What I love about this is that it blends really easily and I love the fact that it's an affordable cream highlighter, all the other cheaper cream ones seem to cake on the skin. It only has a slight shimmer to it so I would definitely recommend it for everyday wear and it complements fair skin so well and makes your cheeks glow. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook