Top 5 Berry Lipsticks for Fair Skin

17:49

September is already upon us which means soon enough the leaves will turn brown and the autumn wardrobes and beauty looks will return. One of my favourite autumn beauty items is the berry shades of lipstick that seems to crop up around this time every year. They're so popular for a reason, but as someone with very fair verging on porcelain skin I often find myself looking washed out by these harsh purpley tones. 

So here's a list of my favourite lipsticks that work really well on fair skin, both high end and drugstore, in no particular order:

1. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen 
RRP: £5.50


NYX offers two amazing berry shades in their matte lip cream collection: Transylvania and Copenhagen. For fair skin, Copenhagen suits 100 times better than Transylvania. Whilst Copenhagen has a plum colouring to it, Transylvania is most definitely a sort of burgundy dark purple shade. 

I'm not usually a fan of matte lipsticks, but this is durable and highly pigmented and I don't find it to be as drying as most matte products. At such a cheap price it's high end quality for drugstore prices. 






2. Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in shade 30
RRP: £5.49

Don't be put off by the intensity of the colour of this lipstick. Whilst it does give a very nice lighter berry colour, when it's not on the lips it looks a lot darker. I wouldn't say it isn't pigmented but the colour definitely appears to be a different colour on the lips than it is in the tube.

Despite this, it's a perfect match for fair skin and there's no chance of it washing you out. 







3. MAC lipstick in Rebel 
RRP: £15.00

This, I feel, is very similar to the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick pictured above. However, I feel like this lipstick is a little bit more pigmented than the Rimmel counterpart, which you would expect for the price. 

Something I always feel about Mac lipsticks is that they're amazing quality and they last almost all day which is not incorrect of this shade. Although I find that with the darker shades they do tend to fade during the course of the day so you might need to reapply this once or twice. 







4. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in Glastonberry
RRP: £23.00

I recently watched Zoella rave about this lipstick in her August Favourites and everything she said is spot on. This lipstick is one of the only dark berry lipsticks I've ever used not to have had red undertones. Whilst I sometimes like having a maroon look to my lipsticks, it can get a bit boring when every berry lipstick you buy is the same shade. 

It might be a little bit pricey but I think it's worth it for the quality of this product. It lasts almost all day (you may need to reapply after eating) and it's highly pigmented. Unless you're on a budget (in which case there are so many fantastic drugstore brands) this lipstick is worth buying, it's one of the best lipsticks out there currently. 




5. Bourjois Rouge Edition in Violine Strass
RRP: £7.99

I feel again with this lipstick that the colour comes out different on the lips than how it looks in the packaging. Nonetheless, I still feel like this a very good berry shade as it is not too dark and therefore won't wash fair skin out.

For the price it does well, lasting a long time and also being pigmented. However, I would say that for a slightly cheaper price the Kate Moss lipstick is superior but the Bourjois one is still high quality and has a beautiful autumn colour to it. 







These are just some of my favourites but if you guys have any that are your staple berry shades, please let me know as I'd love to try them out. I also hope this has helped some of you with fair skin who have always found it difficult to find a nice berry shade that doesn't made you look like a ghost x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook